Media Article: OHBaby! - A protective and natural approach to kids' winter ills and chills
This article first appeared in OHBaby! authored by Artemis' Laura Bylsma:
Young children have specific needs for immune health. They can pick up ills & chills in seemingly endless succession, but also have remarkable capacity to recover – bouncing back to smiles and playtime as their immune systems kicks in.
Good nutrition, exercise and good sleep are vital to help maintain strong immune systems. And for supporting children’s health, traditional plant remedies are a botanical treasure trove.
Plants are complex, containing many different phytochemicals, or active constituents, that act in a holistic way. They can support a rapid immune response to a threat, while helping to build resilience and integrity in the body to support long term immune strength.
Finding a high quality product for your little one can be baffling. Here’s what to look out for:
- Formulated specifically for young children, not adults.
- Formulated by a registered Medical Herbalist (NZAMH or NMHNZ*) – this demonstrates in depth knowledge of using plants for health.
- Fresh plant extracts - high levels of active ingredients that remain in their natural state for optimal absorption i.e. aren’t highly processed.
- No artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or sweeteners.
- The dose is correct for children – small, frequent doses are recommended for young children.
- It tastes good! For a remedy to work, your little one has to take it.
You can trust products from Artemis – a New Zealand company specialising in traditional plant formulas – to tick all the points on your checklist.
The Artemis ThymeMed Respiratory & Immunity range harnesses the power of ThymeMed, our exclusive fresh plant extract from Central Otago Thyme, along with other powerful active plant ingredients.
Kids ViroGone, with ThymeMed and Echinacea, is a family favourite for supporting immunity.
And yes, they all have a taste kids love!
*New Zealand Association of Medical Herbalists and Naturopaths & Medical Herbalists of New Zealand. Author Laura Bylsma is a registered medical herbalist and naturopath with a background in pharmacology. She is a Herbal Research & Technical Advisor for Artemis.
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional. Artemis Ltd, Dunedin. TAPS: PP5898