Stay energised this holiday season
Feasting with family and friends is a joyful part of life, and depriving yourself of these moments of connection will not make you healthier.
In fact, a deprivation mindset can contribute to a more harmful relationship with food and alcohol, and lead to increased cravings.
We want you to enjoy all the holiday season has to offer, so here are some tips to help you stay energised until 2024.
- Don’t skip meals. Keep your blood sugars healthy and happy by eating regular meals with lots of fruit and veggies, protein, fat and fibre. Not eating in anticipation of a large meal later can make you feel irritable and may lead you to make less-healthy choices as your body cries out for energy.
- Mix up your drinks. Alcohol consumption can increase over this time – and just like with food it is understandable that we indulge in some extra tipples. But make sure you stay hydrated by having a glass of water or other non-alcoholic drink in between. Make up healthy mocktails (see below for inspo!), have a large pitcher of water with lemon, cucumber and mint on hand, or have some kombucha around for yourself and any guests who would prefer to stay sober.
- Support your liver and kidneys with plant formulas. If your detoxification organs are working overtime, now is a great time to start a daily detox habit. Plants shine when it comes to supporting detoxification! Certain plants contain specific phytochemicals which enhance the detoxification process and are unique to plant medicine – these are not found in everyday foods. Artemis Liver Detox and Kidney Cleanse Teas are specially formulated to support your body’s hardworking detoxification organs, every day. Learn more
artemis Detox Duo to the rescue. Amp up your daily detox support during this season. Liver Detox Tea up to 3 x daily before meals and Kidney Cleanse Tea after meals help to support your body’s natural detoxification pathways to help you stay energised for the next holiday party.
To learn more and get yours, visit the link alongside: artemis Detox Duo
Did you know:
Liver health can affect your sleep?
While it is natural to sleep a bit less in the bright summer months, no one wants disturbed sleep. The concept of your liver health contributing to disturbed sleep has been around for centuries in ancient health systems such as Traditional Chinese practice, and modern research has recently started investigating the connection between liver issues and sleep. And while it can be a complex relationship – including things like altered melatonin metabolism and heat regulation – the solution can be simple with daily support from plant formulas.
There are some clear indications that your liver needs some extra love.
Sleep poorly after consuming alcohol? Feel anxious the night of (or the night after) having a few drinks? Waking up hot or sweaty in the middle of the night? Waking regularly between 1-3am? These could all be signs that supporting your liver may help you sleep better.
Your kidneys deserve some extra attention too.
No one thinks about their kidneys until there is a problem! Your kidneys support the removal of water-soluble waste (aka toxins that come out in your pee), as well as help to support normal blood pressure, electrolyte balance, and keep your urinary tract healthy. Alcohol can lead to dehydration because it affects the ability of the kidneys to support normal fluid and electrolytes in the body.
Support your liver every day with artemis Detox Duo
Recipe: artemis Holiday Thyme Mocktail
Makes 1 cup
- 10-15 mls artemis Thyme Lemon Tonic
- 45 ml Pineapple juice
- 25 ml Grapefruit juice
- 15 ml Pomegranate juice
- 5 ml Cardamom sugar syrup (try this recipe to DIY)
- Basil & thyme sprig, gently muddled
- Soda water or Ginger beer to top up to taste
- Garnish – a sprig of fresh thyme
Mix all ingredients except for garnish in a bowl or large shaker, mix well for 10 seconds.
Pour mocktail over ice. Garnish with thyme and enjoy!
Grown by Nature | Backed by Science
Always read the label and use as directed.
TAPS Approval No: PP2116